- Applicants are required to apply in writing, completing the
necessary application form
- The application will be presented at the monthly Board meeting of
Westgate Foundation, the Board will decide on membership
- The Board can at any time terminate membership.
- Membership fee is €30 per year.
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association are available on
- The aims of the organisation are to cater for the Health, Welfare,
Educational and Recreational needs of Older People in Ballincollig
and surrounding areas with the active participation of Older People
- Members have access to all sections and services of the organisation subject to the availability of places. Services include Chiropody, Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Bio Energy and a cost will apply. Usually €3 per session for Art, Drama & Variety, Creative Dance, Choral, Bowling, Craft, Computer Training, Creative Writing, Line-dancing, Personal & Group Development.
- Members are invited and encouraged to be actively involved in
discussion and decision making.
- Members are to be treated with dignity and respect and the same in
return is expected.
- All members are encouraged to preserve an atmosphere of
enjoyment and fun, free from any unnecessary pressure, tension or
- Bullying or Sexual Harassment must be reported immediately to the
Chief Executive or to any Board member.
- Art work presented as original must be produced untouched by any
- Commitment to dates to be understood in members’ participation in
rehearsals and performances.
- A qualified Tutor, acceptable to the section members will be
provided, when possible.
- A structured learning programme shall be agreed by each section
and all participants are requested to adhere to same.
- Health & Safety regulations must be observed at all time.
- The Westgate Foundation is a self-help organisation and
encourages empowerment of Older People.
- Members are requested to observe the Complaints Procedures
whereby you are asked to resolve any differences with the person in
question. If this does not work you may request a Board member to
intervene. Failing this you may request a meeting of the Executive
Board which will convene within two weeks to examine the said
complaint and issue recommendations. If this does not resolve the
issues, the complaint or complaints will be forwarded to the full
Board at the next Board meeting for final solution.